The IES seeks to improve the lighted environment by bringing together those with lighting knowledge and by translating that knowledge into actions that benefit the public.
The IES will build upon a century of excellence to create the premier lighting community dedicated to promoting the art and science of quality lighting to its members, allied professional organizations, and the public.
We are a non-profit technical society whose purpose is to advance lighting knowledge and disseminate information for the improvement of the lighted environment to the benefit of society.
The Nashville Section is comprised of engineers, lighting designers, manufacturers, architects, contractors, distributors, and others with a passion for lighting.
This section holds monthly educational meetings to discuss the latest in lighting and industry trends.
Board of Managers 2018-2019
- Mr. Anthony J. Denami, LC, MIES
- Mr. Richard K. Davis, LC, MIES
- Mr. Sean Clare, IES
- Regional Vice-Chair: Tanya Hernandez
Committee and Program Chairs 2018-2019
- Illumination Awards Chair: Mr. Keith Patterson, LC, MIES
- Membership Chair: Mr. Scott Doll
- Program Chair: Robert Follis
- Education Chair: Mr. Steve Palmer
- Nominating Chair:
- PR/Awards Chair: Mr. Anthony J. Denami, LC, MIES